On Tuesday 01 March 2005 21:15, Cramer, Steven wrote:
> Hi:
>
> We are unable to run SPM2 on a 64bit processor.  The last email on
> this was about 1 year ago, main thrust seemed to be that Matlab could
> not function at 64 bit, now it does and SPM still does not run.
> Anybody have an update on this topic?

You have to recompile the mex-modules. I've tweaked the Makefile a bit to
support the new 64-bit matlab for x86-64 (Opteron and "Xeon with EM64T").

Steps to compile:
 1/ download and unzip spm2.tgz
 2/ download all updates
 3/ type 'make Linux.a64' at the command prompt (if you are using my Makefile)

Appart from these steps 'spm_platform.m' als needs a little update to support
64bit matlab.

Mind you, I've only compiled spm99 and spm2 for 64bit matlab, and opened some
result files coming from spm99. We haven't done any analysis yet. Opening
results and displaying them on anatomical sections seems to work fine.
But I really don't know if an analysis won't crash and whether the results
will be correct.

Wouter

PS: Where can I post the updated files? ('Makefile' and 'spm_platform.m')

Wouter Depuydt
KUL - Neurofysiologie
Herestraat 49, bus 801
B-3000 Leuven