Dear Doctor Henson and other SPMers

Thank you for you quick reply which is very helpfull for me. It has clarified a lot of things in my mind. I have now more practical questions:

1)       If I choose to introduce null events, should I determine the same probability occurence for this null event as for events of interest ? For exemple A:0,33 ; B:0,33 ; C(null event): 0,33 or with another probability occurence? For exemple A:0,4 ; B:0,4 ; C(null event): 0,2. Note that in fact I would have more than two events of interest but I just wanted to simplify the situation.

2)       I believe that if I choose equal probability I could only construct a stationnary stochastic design and not a dynamic stochastic design ? Am I right?

3)       If I’m right, which probabilities should I enter for five conditions (4 trial types + 1 null event) when I want to build a design matrix of a dynamic stochastic design with the stochastic design option (yes/no) ?

4)       My last question concern the single SOA which is asking me when I click “yes” to the design stochastic option. I don’t know why SMP ask me to enter a SOA because I’m precisely asking to him to constrcuct a serie of onsets?  Is this SOA refer to the minimum SOA between events?

Thank you in advance for help me to clarifying these questions.

Pierre Gagnepain

GIP Cyceron

Inserm E0218-Université de Caen

Boulevard Henri Becquerel