  Hi Maria:
 I am reading the  Fox paper .I can not understand  some details in your paper , although  I have discuss with my colleague. I hope you can help me.
 1) In the section Preprocessing of Functional Data of the paper, what does the sentence 'Each fMRI run was intensity scaled (one
multiplicative constant over all voxels and frames) to yield a whole brain mode value of 1,000 (not counting the first four frames
)' mean?  Can you explain to me  how to scale  the data  in details?
 2)In the  section Correlation Techniques of the paper,   what does the sentence '(ii) the whole-brain signal averaged over a fixed region in atlas space' mean? what does the whole-brain signal mean ? How to select the fixed regions? Whole brain signal does not mean all brain voxel averaged,does it ?

Looking forward to your response.

Sincerely yours

LeiNa