Dear All,

I am writing from the Institute of Physics in the hope that some of you may be able to help me with some research we are conducting.

As part of Einstein Year, the Institute of Physics and the Medical Research Council are putting together a website for 11 - 14 year olds which explores the role that physics plays in medicine.

This website will look at four different medical imaging techniques and therapies - PET scans, colonoscopy, radio therapy and fMRI scans - which is the area I was hoping to get some help with.

We are developing a website activity for the user to investigate fMRI scans - the user presses a button which will say 'What happens when I.......' and they can then choose different actions to investigate such as 'What happens when I cry'.

When they have selected the action they want to investigate, the region relating to that action is illuminated on an image of a brain with a short written explanation.

For this activity we need to find some fMRI images of the brain that we can use to illustrate the regions that are active when different actions are performed.

Would anyone be able to provide us with such images and details of the actions they relate to?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Liz Jeavans

Einstein Year Outreach Officer