> Thanks for the answer. I am sorry if I confused you that I am hacking
the
> code. I want to generate a Pseudo-T map using another image rendering
> software called BrainSuite2 which read in analyze format files. I
prefer
> using uint16 format. So I was trying to see if I could read in the
file
> and convert to uint16, then use it for display.  Actually, could I
just
> use the SPMt.img directly? Does it contain the Pseudo-T statistic if I
> setup the program using variance smoothing? Thanks!

You are correct. If you choose the pseudo-t test option, then SnPM
writes a pseudo-t image as SPMt.img. This information is recorded in the
"descrip" field in SPMt.hdr, and is displayed as a part of image info in
"Display" in SPM2. So you can check whether your SPMt.img is a t-image
or a pseudo-t image.

Creating your own pseudo-t map is fine, but you have to be careful that
a pseudo-t map is not the same as a smoothed t map. Rather, it is a
contrast map divided by the sqrt of the corresponding variance image
smoothed by a Gaussian filter.

Good luck!
-Satoru