LLN, le 16/09/05

Dear Nici,

I asked the same question about concatenated runs filtering some time
ago but did not get any answer. I thus cannot help you with this.

You should however be aware that concatenation is not recommended. If
the scanner stopped and restarted between runs, yet you modelled your
conditions as a single session, then your data no longer represent a
continuous timeseries, and several aspects of SPM will be disrupted,
eg.:

- highpass filtering,
- temporal autocorrelation estimation,
- grand-mean scaling,
- session-meaning.

(I quote Rik Henson, from this list).

Note that I once compared "concatenated runs + constant" to
"separated sessions" and the results were quite similar, though not
identical.

Hope this helps,

Mauro

--
_____________________________________

Help fighting hunger: http://www.hungersite.com

Just click your mouse and sponsors of The Hunger Site donate a
serving of food to a person in need - at no cost to you.

______________________________________

Mauro PESENTI
Research Associate, National Fund for Scientific Research (Belgium)
Unite de Neurosciences Cognitives
Departement de Psychologie
Universite Catholique de Louvain
Place Cardinal Mercier, 10