Dear Bosky

The approach which I prefer is to let the high-pass filter cut-off be
determined by your hardware (irrespective of your choice of paradigm).
You can do this using a phantom and diagnostic statistics as
implemented in SPMd. With this approach you can justify that the system
drift is modelled adequately with a particular high-pass filter on your
scanner using a particular sequence.

Best regards,
Torben

Torben E. Lund