Dear SPM users,

I'm trying to analysis the correlation of anatomical development and age. I met several questions:

1) I use Simple regression in Basic Models. After estimation and when i try to get the result, which contrasts should be chosen to represent the correlation? Is that "effect of interest" which would take me to the areas that are correlated to age? Or should I define other new contrast?

2) I also want to find out whether there's correlation between age and the differences between the two hemispheres, but it seems that no ready models could be used to calculate the correlation between A and (B-C). Is there any hidden function in SPM about this problem? Or I may have to write a supplementary program by myself, and then if there's any comparatively easy point that i could start from?

In fact, I had planned to calculate D=(B-C) first and then relate D to A. I tried to get D with ImCalc, but even with Help both in SPM and on the website, I couldnot find the right expression of the subtracting function, and it seemed to me that it was impossible for ImCalc to deal with a set of data with a single command. Is there any other guidance that I could refer to? Or is there any other procedure that could complete the batch of calculation?

3) I wish I could make some ROI analysis both to enhance the statistical power and to get some regional information. It seems to me that there's a set of defined ROIs with MNI template in a supplementary tool which is also in consistant with SPM. Where could I find them and is there any other suggestion about ROI analysis with anatomical data?

Thank you very much for your kindly help.

best regards

        Joyce J.P. Yang
          2005-06-25