Hello.
I am just looking for opinions on the way I have
calculated percent signal change (PSC) in my BOLD fMRI
data.
My data has five "on" periods which each evoke a short
spike in the BOLD signal. These are separated by about
36 seconds of "off" time. I fit my model to the data
as:
BOLD=b1*X + b0, where X is my "on-off" design and b0
captures the mean in the data.

I can calculate PSC =
(b1_est-b0_est)/b0_est*100.
This bases the PSC on the model fit. Upon looking at
the data there are some spikes that are the same
height as the data and some higher or lower.

So is it resonable to calculate the PSC based on the
mean values of the BOLD signal at the locations of the
spikes in the model fit?
PSC =
[mean(BOLD(find(fit==max(fit)))- b0_est]/b0_est*100

Is one method better than another? And if so what
would be the reasons.

All the best and thank you.
Jason.

PS I posted this to SPM and FSL lists.