Hello List,

I have a basic question about slice time correction and it would be really helpful if anyone could answer that for me.

1. Slice time correction is usually recommended for eventrelated fMRI designs. What about block fMRI designs?

2. We have a block design (4 conditions, 2 blocks for each condition, each block 20secs long and all condition blocks interleaved with a rest condition block of the same duration). The data is collected in an interleaved manner (30 slices with a slice thickness of 4mm, TR 2.5sec). Is slice time correction necessary for such a setup??

3. I have heard that slice time correction may affect the temporal properties of the data and may give temporal errors and I have been advised not to use it. Is this true??

Thanks in advance,
Mayuresh.

Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
Stony Brook University, NY.