Hi Johan

> Dear SPM mailbase,
> We would like help in finding the proper description of the space in
> which coordinates are
> reported when the normalization procedure is based on the EPI template in
> spm2.
> > Suggestions:
> "The x, y, z coordinates refer to the Talairach space
> as implemented by the MNI brain template"?
> (However, as the EPI template does not exactly match
> the MNI brain template this description in not entirely
> correct)
> > "The x, y, z coordinates refer to an approximate
> Talairach space"?
> (This lacks precision, at least in the mind of one reviewer)

If I remember well Jesper Andersson posted some stuff about that few weeks
ago. My humble opinion is that normalization is anyway not perfect so the
term "approximate" is always true.. anyway I now personnaly refer to the
template used only: e.g. data were normalized onto the EPI template as
implemented in SPM2 (or SPM5). Then if I report coordinates in Talairach
space, I specify how I got these coordinates (e.g. MNI2TAL M. Brett's algo).
This way if the reader wants more info about the template he/she can have a
look at the template in SPM (everything is commented) and I don't need to
explain the approximations from MNI to Talairach and so one.

Not sure it really help.. :-))
Best
Cyril