Just to add to the questions--
1. CG has indicated to use "replications over subjects" and "no" to repeated measures while saying "yes" to non-sphericity correction. Why is that?

Thanks in advance ...
-Hima

"Moo K. Chung" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Although I don't think I saw a paper using overall GM or WM as nuisance parameters, I think Christian's idea is necessary. I did a simulated study last week on how GM or WM density changes under different SNR and CNR.
They do change a lot. The Jacobian determinant is less sensitive to varying SNR and CNR. It has alsmot no effect on the Jacobian determinant within a reasonable change of SNR and CNR. So an alternative to Christian's idea would be putting SNR and CNR as nuisance parameters.

Moo.

--
Moo Chung
http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~mchung