Dear SPMERS:
    I am trying to use spm5b, but facing some problems.
    1. When I use the button of DICOM Import to convert the dicom files I got from our GE 1.5T MR scanner, I can't find any converted file. And I found some error messages in the metlab windows. It said that my Dicom files were not  dicom files. Why? I can convert these files to analyze7 format using MRIcro and also using the toolbox of dicom in spm2. Why can't  spm5 recognize these files?
    2. Something interesting was that spm5 could recognize the files converted by the dicom toolbox of spm2. So I can pre-process the files using the button of realign and normalize. After the realignment, I got a img file with the same size(32 MB) to the converted img file from the spm2. But after the normalization, the img file was only 1 MB. Is that right?
    3. I wonder if anyone can give me a detailed steps of how to process the ! data, including  how to realign, normalize, and 1st specify, especially the step of 1st specify, since spm5 is so different from spm99.

yours sincerely
Zhi Wang