Windows uses a file locking mechanism, which prevents files from being changed
multiple times by different programs.  The error may be because another
program has already opened the file, which means that it can't be opened
through Matlab (this could be a because of a backup system or something
similar).  Another possibility is that the file remains locked for some
reason.  I would suggest exiting your Matlab session and starting it up
again.  I am no Windows expert, but I think that this could help.

Best regards,
-John