Dear SPM-ers,

I am puzzled by a focal spot of unbelievably high significance, which
must be due to an error of some sort; but what's the error, that is my
question.
I performed a correlation analysis on a set of smoothed grey matter maps
(so a VBM analysis), and observed a very focal and almost out of the
brain significant correlation, with a T=8.69, and p(FWE)=0.024. It
looked fishy, so I had a look at the con-image, and resMS image. Now,
although the voxel falls within the brain mask (mask.img) and has a
value for the con and spmT image (which one would expect) the value for
the ResMS image (and also the RPV image) is NaN.
I don't understand how the T-value can be calculated of a voxel that
does not have an estimated residual variance. Could this be a bug
somewhere, or did I overlook something?

Many thanks for your answer.

Yours,
Floris