I'd actually love to get the same set of instructions if anyone was planning on replying to Nathan directly. Thanks, Matt Begin forwarded message: 0000,0000,0000From: Nathan Klimenko <<[log in to unmask]> 0000,0000,0000Date: March 29, 2005 10:11:33 AM PST 0000,0000,0000To: [log in to unmask] 0000,0000,0000Subject: [SPM] subtraction analysis 0000,0000,0000Reply-To: Nathan Klimenko <<[log in to unmask]> Dear List, I would like to do a simple subtraction analysis using the spatially normalized images from two groups. Using Imcalc, I got the average-images of the two groups and substracted them to get the activation/deactivation images. Would you mind showing me how to do the following with Imcalc? 1)select a threshold for masking and exclude all voxels below that threshold. 2)Calculate the variance across all voxels and divide the masked activation/deactivation image by the variance. 3)Exclude areas with unusually high variance. Thank you, Nathan Klimenko "The more the universe seems comprehensible, the more it also seems pointless." Steven Weinberg (1977) The First Three Minutes.