Hi,

>> I understand Suse 9.1 is one of the latest releases from Suse, but I
>> can't find much technical information one their Web site. Could you
>> maybe tell us which version of glibc and Nvidia drivers you're using?
>>        rpm -q glibc
>

> glibc-2.3.3-97

That's equivalent to what we're running on Fedora 2 workstations:
        glibc-2.3.3-27.1

We're really using equivalent systems.

>>        glxinfo | fgrep 'version string'
>

> This hung my machine!

Mmmmmh... It could be that we all have issues with Nvidia drivers after
all. We have removed the Nvidia drivers from one workstation and so far
it looks like Matlab works better. Not that it means much. I'm not sure
it has been extensively tested yet and even if it had, it could be that
the symptoms have disappeared on the surface, but the real problems such
as memory corruption remain under the hood, possibly resulting in
unnoticed miscalculations.

Anyway, this should show the version of the OpenGL drivers without
crashing your system:
        locate libGL.so.1.0.

Dimitri