Dear Matthew and Dan,

How about the following compromise? Each result has two side by side
displays, one side shows the continuous activity map. The other side
shows a continuous log(significance) map. In this way people know
which regions are significant and they know what the activity level
was in that region.

If space is an issue, we can generate a flattened version of the MNI
brains for SPM, so that the entire brain can be visualized in one go
and if people wanted focus on certain regions, they could extract out
a square to bring attention to their point.

Satra