Dear Martin,

Perhaps the best things to read are papers on
Pyscho-Physiological Interactions:

http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/spm/doc/biblio/Keyword/PPI.html

(the 2nd reference to start)

and Dynamic Causal Modelling:

http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/spm/doc/biblio/Keyword/DCM.html

PPIs show you how a task changes the connectivity between two regions
and DCM does the same for a set of regions.

You can also try the methods on an example data set:

http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/~wpenny/datasets/attention.html

Best,

Will.

--
William D. Penny
Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience

Tel: 020 7833 7475
FAX: 020 7813 1420
Email: [log in to unmask]