Dear Karl, I have been trying to figure out how to enter data and interpret the output in SPM5. To do this, I compared the same analysis done in SPM5b. I appreciate your help, as I cannot find any answer to my questions on the mailbase. I also took a look at the manual, but still I must make sure I am doing the analysis correctly. Design (SPECT images): patients (no treatment group) visit 1 ( [1 1])====> patients (no treatment group) visit 2 ([1 2]) patients (treatment group) visit 1 ( [2 1]) ==treatment===> patients (treatment group) visit 2 ([2 2]) Covariates for all groups entered Nuisance for all groups entered ********************************** Data entry: Full factorial Two factors each with 2 levels (because 2 x 2 factorial) four cells: [1 1] [1 2] [2 1] [2 2] Covariate: centered around overall mean and interaction with Factor 1 Nuisance: cetered as implied my ANCOVA (it seems to me this makes it nuisance instead of covariate of interest). No interactions. ************************** Contrasts (this is critical for me to makes sure I undestand): 0 0 0 0 -1 1 0 where: 0 0 0 0 are for the four groups -1 1 is for interactions between covariate and factor 1. This looks at the changes in regional perfusion due to [2 1]==>[2 2] more than [1 1]===> [1 2]. I just figured this out by comparing to SPM5 although based on one of your previous e-mails the contrasts in SPM5b for covariates are not entered this way. However, I need to be sure and I would greatly appreciate your comments as always. I am sure your comments will help the other colleagues too. Attached please find the screen shots of the output and the matrix. Have great holidays and happy new year. Cheers, Shary Shahryar Rafi-Tari, M.Sc. Database Consultant / Imaging Analyst ADNI Imaging Project Coordinator at Sunnybrook 2075 Bayview Avenue Sunnybrook & Women's College Health Sciences Centre Linda C Campbell Cognitive Neurology Research Unit Room B630 Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4N 3M5 E-mail: [log in to unmask] Tel: 416-480-6100 ext. 3281 Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended for the addressee(s) only, and may also be confidential. Any review, retransmission, or other use of this information by persons other than the addressee is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee or received this by mistake, please contact the sender and delete the material from all your computers.