Dear Satra,

Many thanks for your very swift reply.  Do we know how the Intel Math
Kernel Library performs in comparison to an optimised install of ATLAS
on a hyperthreaded P4?  Does the IMKL make use of SSE2 and multiple
threads (I assume it does, being Intel and all)?

Sorry - one more question: I notice that MatLab R14 comes with a module
called atlas_P4.so - does that make use of SSE2?

Thanks a lot,
Jack (aka Daniel!)