Dear Li Bei,

1. Connectivities between regions are inferred on
the basis of the values of the intrinsic connections
(stored in DCM.A) and our uncertainty in these estimates.
These define the posterior distribution ie. our belief in the
values of these parameters after having fitted the data.
Using the 'contrasts of connections' option on them we can then see
how probable it is that a certain connection is eg. greater than 0.

Your connection A(2,1) - which I think is from region
1 to region 2 - seems large. You can get the posterior probability
of it being bigger than 0 as described above.

Similarly for A(3,1).

It may be that your strong connections are only the forward ones.

Re questions 2 and 3. These are really cognitive neuroscience
questions which require an expertise in the
particular system you are studying. But generally, driving
inputs describe stimulus bound attributes that enter sensory regions
and modulatory connections are of a more psychological nature.

Best,

Will.