> One more question regarding the model setup: in SPM99 I defined the 6
> runs of my experiment as one session so that the onsets of run 2 didn't
> start at 0 but after the onsets of run1.

I would not advise doing this. If the scanner stopped and restarted between
runs, yet you modelled your conditions as a single session, then your data
no longer represent a continuous timeseries, and several aspects of SPM
will be disrupted, eg highpass filtering, temporal autocorrelation estimation,
grand-mean scaling, session-meaning.

> In SPM2 this doesn't really work: I either get error messages or  a
> rather strange looking design matrix. When setting up a FIR model is
> there any reason not too model each run as a separate session?

There is no reason not to - model each run as a separate session.

Rik