Dear SPM users,

I’m a graduate student engaged in imaging studies. I have some SPECT data
for some subjects in the activated condition and also in the rest (not
activated) condition. I could compare the SPECT in the activated condition
for multiple subjects and the SPECT in the rest condition for multiple
subjects using ‘’multiple subjects condition and covariates’’.

I want to compare the ‘’activated condition minus rest condition’’ in
1st group of subjects and 2nd group of subjects. ( the selection of subjects
to the group 1 and 2 is irrelevant of the result of the SPECT. )I tried to
do it in one-way ANOVA, for example, activated<sub1>-
rest<sub1>-(activated<sub2>-rest<sub2>) for multiple subjects.

My question is,

Is this the proper way to do this kind of analysis? ( because the condition
is determined in the acquisition of SPECT, and the subject selection between
group 1 and group2 is an independent factor from the condition selection. )
If there’s a proper way to do this kind of analysis, could you please teach
me how to do it.

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

Yours sincerely,

Kazumi Iseki.