John, Benjamin, and SPMers:

Thanks again for your help.  John, apologies for being so opaque about
the origins of this script.  John wrote and posted a version of
reslice.m on the listerv, last dated Jan 14 2004 see
(http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind04&L=SPM&P=R9647&I=-3)
with a link to (http://www.sph.umich.edu/~nichols/JG/reslice.m) where
the code actually is located.

At Ben's suggestion I removed the end; at line 25 column 31 after V0 =
spm_create_image(V0); which fixes one of the error messages.

But after rerunning the script in SPM2, a new error message appears and
one persists.

??? Error using ==> run
Input argument "PI" is undefined.

Error in ==> spm at 1276