> I have a question about the image distortion. How to determine the
> extent of a image is distorted?

Your MR physicist should be able to tell you.  Alternatively, coregister it
with an anatomical image of the same subject, and use the Check Reg button to
see if they are matched.

> Do you mean that If the distortion is modest the coregistion is necessary?

Coregistration is necessary to correct for movement between acquiring the
anatomical and functional scans (for data converted with the DICOM toolbox),
or misregistration between the images.

> And how to normalise the functional images without coregistion?

They can sometimes be spatially normalised by matching with the EPI template
image.

Best regards,
-John