Hi David:

This sounds like a case in which, for unclear reasons, the intersubject variance
is less than intrasubject variance. Thus despite possibly small parameter
effects they are consistent across subjects. I suggest looking at the variance
images in the random effects data (ResMS.img files). Using imcalc with a
function of sqrt(i1) will give you standard deviation. Also look at these
images for some fixed effects data. Plot the "time series" (actually subject
series) for some voxels using the RanFX analysis in the area of activation.
Presumably you'll see consistent effect sizes across subjects.

Darren