Juliana Pare-Blagoev wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for that useful discussion about the left-right flipping
> issue.  I have a follow-up
> question.
>
> I have data for which I confirmed that the left, posterior, inferior
> corner had the lowest values
>  and were all positive (voxel [1 1 1] was off screen).  This means, I
> think, that my data are
> right handed and therefore the defaults.analyze.flip value should be
> set to 0. The raw images I
> was loading in and checking for LPI voxel values were .mnc files.   I
> also confirmed that the
> analyzed results had the low value voxels in the LPI corner.
>
> However, after analyzing the data, I am finding language activation
> bilaterally, but stronger on
> the right (i.e. on the right in the glass brain).  The subjects are
> children, and the task was
> somewhat difficult for them so it is remotely possible, though not
> likely, that these results are
> accurate.  More likely, however, I am making some mistake and the
> images are either not right
> handed or there is some other kind of problem.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions for how I can further test to be sure
> that my data are indeed right
> handed and/or can spot where I'm making a mistake either in setting
> the default to 0, or in
> reading the results, that would be much appreciated.

If your original mnc files were created correctly, then your import should
be correct.

Were your mnc files created by the scanner, or were they intermediate files
created from scanner output?  If the second, what format was the scanner
output?

The scanners are very exact about this, so there's no reason for the
software
to be confused.

rich

--
\  Rich Hammett       http://afni.nimh.nih.gov
/  [log in to unmask]          sun dogs fire on the horizon