Dear SPM community,

Whilst trying to develop a new script to specify my model in SPM2, I keep running into this error message (the line at the top is the line in my script which causes the problem):

>> SPM.xCon(c+n_defCntr)   = spm_FcUtil('Set',c_name{c},'T','c',c_wgt{c},SPM.xX.xKXs)
Output from spm_FcUtil.m line 879:

c =

     0
     0
     0
     0
     0
     0
     0
     0
     0
     1
     0

------------
Output from spm_FcUtil.m line 880:

c =

     0
     0
     0
     0
     0
     0
     0
     0
   NaN
     1
     0

------------
??? Error using ==> svd
NaN or Inf prevents convergence.

Error in ==> rank at 15
s = svd(A);

Error in ==> spm_FcUtil>sf_is_T at 886
if rank(c) > 1 | any(any(c'*c < 0)), boul = 0; end;

Error in ==> spm_FcUtil at 210
          if Fc.STAT=='T' &  ~sf_is_T(sX,c)

Weirdly, this problem is intermittent.  If I run the command at the top of this code-dump over and over again, I get this error message about half the time, even though all the inputs are the same.

I've been using this batch script for several months without any problems.  It's only recently that it's started to play up.  The only difference between my error-prone batch script and my previous batch scripts is the number of regressors and contrasts.  This new, error-prone batch script has 10 regressors.

Anyone got any clever ideas?  Please?  All advice will be very greatfully received.

I'm using SPM_devel from about a month ago, running on Matlab 7SP2 on Gentoo Linux.  My MEX files are re-compiled using ICC for my P4.

Many thanks,
Jack

 Jack Kelly
   nickname  = Jack