Hi Phillipe

The answer to your question will depend on the details of your FIR model
and on what you mean by percent signal change. I have taken the liberty
copying your question and my reply to the SPM list - it's a slightly tricky
issue and someone will hopefully correct me if I have it wrong.

The units of SPM parameter estimates in general represent 'response per
event', and this is true of FIR parameter estimates in SPM2 as long as the
original event has duration = 0 (i.e. a standard event).

[Note however that if you are modelling events of non-zero original
duration using spm_graph PSTH plotting (or any of the spm_graph hacks) then
you will get a response per second's worth of event - see
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind04&L=spm&P=R499765&D=0&I=-1
for details]

The units of this response per event for each FIR timebin depend on whether
you have used grand mean scaling to 100 - the SPM2 default. If you have,
then they are percent *global* signal change, and if you want local signal
change you need to normalise by voxel values, for example as suggested by
Will -
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind04&L=spm&D=0&I=-1&P=344672.

[The situation is slightly different for non-FIR basis functions such as
the canonical HRF, as explained by Karl -
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind03&L=spm&P=R131393&I=-1&m=6166]

Perhaps reassuringly, though, it doesn't necessarily matter if one's plots
are in arbitrary units, as we don't really know what the *real*
physiological units of interest are, as Geraint Rees points out in an
earlier post
(http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind01&L=spm&D=0&I=-1&P=103670)!.

I hope this helps

Alexa