Hi all,

I would like to know is there any consensus on how to define noise when you are doing Region of Interest (ROI) based analysis and you want to determine noise so that you could define SNR in a ROI?

In some papers I see they define a ROI in the background and measure noise as the mean of that ROI and consider it as noise value every where in the image. On the other hand in some other papers they use the standard deviation of the values on the desired ROI as noise.

Thanks

Nasim