Hi David,

>   I'm having a miserable time trying to get the color bar to give me a
> constant maximum when rendering the results on orthogonal slices (i.e,
> in the results window; not with Display).  I found some suggestions by
> John A. regarding potential modifications in spm_transverse.m circa line
> 295, but those changes don't seem to work.
>
>   Do you know of an easy fix for this?  For whatever it's worth, and for
> us programming dummies, this would be a worthwhile idiot button to
> simply set the max range in the results window.

I have a customized version of spm_orthviews, which can be downloaded
as part of my recommended local modifications
        http://www.sph.umich.edu/~nichols/spm99_umlocal.tgz
        http://www.sph.umich.edu/~nichols/spm2_umlocal.tgz
I would pick through them to see what each one does; here I'm
just referring to the spm_orthviews and related mods.

You can fix the max value as follows.  In SPM99, you have to issue
the command at the Matlab prompt:
        spm_orthviews('addcolorbar')
In SPM2, you can do this, or add a colorbar to a CheckReg view by
right-clicking inside the image to get the context menu, and then
select Image -> Add color bar.

Once the color bar appears the maximum and minimum intensities are
fixed, based on a global min and max.  More important, you can right
click on the *colorbar* to get a context menu to control the min and max
displayed intensities.  For example, you can right click on the intensity
that you want to be the new maximum and then select 'Set Max'; likewise
you can right click and 'Set Min'.  You can also 'Set Max - all images'
which will force all images in the Check Reg view to have the same max.
If you prefer, you can use the 'Manual' option to manually enter the
min/max range.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

    -- Thomas Nichols --------------------   Department of Biostatistics
       http://www.sph.umich.edu/~nichols     University of Michigan
       [log in to unmask]                     1420 Washington Heights