LLN, le 28/09/05

Dear Leandro,

>I have a basic question, let say I have tow conditions: activation
>and rest. (100 scans).
>Vector onsets for the activation condition is: 10 30 50 70 90.  Duration: 10
>Vector onsets for the rest condition is: 20 40 60 80.  Duration: 10
>
>Is it the same to specify only the activation condition (contrast
>[1]) than specifing both conditions (contrast [1 - 1])?

No, it's not the same:

- [1 -1] tests for positive differences between Activation and Rest;
- [1]  tests for positive differences between Activation  and
"Anything that is not declared", i.e., your scans 0 to 9 that are not
declared in your vectors.

Hope this helps,

Mauro.

--
_____________________________________

Help fighting hunger: http://www.hungersite.com

Just click your mouse and sponsors of The Hunger Site donate a
serving of food to a person in need - at no cost to you.

______________________________________

Mauro PESENTI
Research Associate, National Fund for Scientific Research (Belgium)
Unite de Neurosciences Cognitives
Departement de Psychologie
Universite Catholique de Louvain
Place Cardinal Mercier, 10