Hi,
   I have been processing a number of scans with spm2 under matlab v6.1.
After processing, most of the activation maps turn out fine, but several of
them look grainy and pixelated, as if with streaks of activation.  I
separated the images using MRIcro, applied a slice timing correction,
realigned as "coregister only", smoothed using FWHM to 7x7x11mm, reoriented
setting yaw=pi, and normalized to an EPI template.  Have you heard of a
problem like this before, and do you have any suggestions?  I'm happy to
send any more details of the situation you need, or an image of the problem.
 Thank you so much!
-Dani