Dear SPMers,

I would like to perform a longitudinal VBM study on schizophrenic patients
vs healthy controls.
In a first step I did a baseline comparison between both groups (50 vs 50)
using the optimized VBM procedure and compared the groups by a simple one-
way ANOVA. Then the 44 follow-up scans (26 healthy, 18 schizophrenics) were
realigned to the corresponding baseline scans and then normalized to the
custom T1-template of my baseline VBM study, segmented and smoothed (8
FWHM). For the statistical analysis I used the PET model "multi-group:
conditions and covariates". Are these steps correct or should I use
different ways of preprocessing and statistical inference ?

Thanks very much in advance for any suggestions...

Nikos Koutsouleris
Imaging Group
Psychiatric Clinic, Ludwig-Maximilian-University, Munich