Kenneth,

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Sung Lai Yuen wrote:

> I have a naive question regarding the omnibus test. I know in the
> SPM results display we could find the voxel, cluster, and set level
> p-values for a particular study. Nevertheless, if I decided to adopt
> a particular height & extend threshold, e.g. uncorrected p=0.0005,
> extend=16, how could I get the equivalent thresholding p-value at
> the cluster level? Are there any equations/tables available for the
> quick conversion?

To get the corrected cluster P-value for a 16 voxel cluster with an
uncorrected P-value threshold 0.0005, use this snippet

 	load SPM

 	k    = 16;                        % cluster size
 	u    = spm_invTcdf(1-0.0005,df);  % uncorrected 0.0005 thresh

 	df   = [1 SPM.xX.erdf];           % DF
 	STAT = 'T'
 	R    = SPM.xVol.R;                % Resels
 	FWHM = SPM.xVol.FWHM;
 	v2r  = 1/prod(FWHM(~isinf(FWHM))); %-voxels to resels factor
 	n    = 1;

 	P    = spm_P_RF(1,k*v2r,u,df,STAT,R,n) % Corrected cluster P

I'm not sure this answers your question though...

-Tom

     -- Thomas Nichols --------------------   Department of Biostatistics
        http://www.sph.umich.edu/~nichols     University of Michigan
        [log in to unmask]                     1420 Washington Heights