Hi Randall,

you are quite right that this is common desire. You might want to try the
Volumes toolbox and the spm_orthviews plugins - there it is the
fancy_render menu item. This one lets you not only render blobs on the
brain surface, but also cut out parts and render sections with blobs
on them. All this is linked at the SPM extensions page, downloads are
available from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/spmtools

Feel free to ask any questions - preferably via the sourceforge tracker
system - documentation other than the help texts is rather poor.

Yours,

Volkmar

--
Volkmar Glauche