On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Claus Lamm wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I was running my SPM2 analyses on a SUN workstation (Matlab 6.0)
> and now want to continue with data analysis on a PC (Matlab 6.0, Win XP).
>
> When I transfer the results files (estimates model, con-images etc. -the
> full monty of a fixed effects analysis), I get weird results on the windows
> machine:

This is probably due to byte-ordering issues: Sparc workstations store
multi-byte data in a different way than PCs (big-endian vs little endian).
SPM tries to figure this out, but might get confused. For these cases,
there is a tool in my Volumes toolbox  (link is on the SPM
extensions page) called "Swap .img bytes" which fixes
this issue. In addition, the "Change SPM.mat paths" utility might be
useful if you have analyses transferred from your SUN and want to use plot
functions on the PC. Be aware, that the path suggestions made by the tool
most certainly need your intervention, you should only let it change that
bit of path which was really changed due to the move.

Hope this helps,

--
Volkmar Glauche
-