On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:45:14 +0100, Christian Matthiae
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi Elif,
>i am not an expert, so i am not completely sure about this.
>But i think there is no problem, as you dont get an error, but only a
>warning. Every DCM matrix contains not specified connections, which can not
>be estimated. During estimation these connections get the value Nan, which
>is indicated by the displayed warning. So i think your estimation was
>finished correctly. The reason that you get this warning after the first
>step is, that iteration stops, if the changes from one step to the next are
>smaller than a threshold (1e-6 i think). This condition is met in your
>analysis after the first step (dp: 1.139079e-21). This is a little
>astonishing for me, but perhaps could be due to a very simple model?
>If i am wrong here one of the spm/dcm should please correct me.
>Hope this helps,
>Christian
>

>On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 01:26:49 +0100, Elif Ozdemir <[log in to unmask]
>HARVARD.EDU> wrote:
>
>>Dear all,
>>
>>I am conducting a DCM analysis on a dataset that we acquired from a
subject
>>using a sparse temporal sampling method (TR=15, TA=1.75 sc). I have
defined
>>three VOIs for two (out of four) conditions. When I do the estimation, I
>>get the error message below after the first iteration. I have read the
>>
>>After getting the error message, I am still able review the results. The
>>histogram is drawn only for B probabilities, not for B modulatory effects.
>>In addition, even though the VOIs are circled, there are no numbers.
>>
>>I have replicated the results of the attention data from Dr.Penny's
website
>>without these error messages.
>>
>>Any ideas how to fix this? Any input/help is greatly appreciated!
>>Thanks!
>>
>>Elif
>>
>>"E-Step(-): 1     F: -1.043264e+03    dp: 1.139079e-21
>>Warning: Returning NaN for out of range arguments
>>> In /usr/local/spm2/spm_Ncdf.m at line 76
>>  In /usr/local/spm2/spm_dcm_estimate.m at line 72
>>  In /usr/local/spm2/spm_dcm_ui.m at line 312"

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the message. I have specified several DCMs with conditions
ranging from two to 6, VOIs from 2 to 6 and intrinsic conditions from 2 to
12. None of them worked (at least completely). A and B probabilities are
there. But no numbers on the regions. There are dashed lines instead of
solid ones with red dots around the VOIs.

In the last DCM model, I had 8 conditions in the design matrix, took two of
those conditions to the DCM, had 6 VOIs and 12 intrinsic connections. For
the condition one and two, I had same number of connections (I think 6).
The NaN error message still comes up after the first iteration.

Any ideas as to how I could make these dashed lines solid and see the
corresponding numbers? Loading DCM.A mat gives me only -1s and 0s.

Any help is very much appreciated!!!

Elif