Dear Kenneth,

I would not recommend to use the WM template for spatial normalization. Even for WM analysis
the GM template is always a better choice. I guess John's idea of using a GM template rather than a
T1 template was to improve normalization quality of the whole image and there might be some
(positive) bias for GM areas.

Best regards,

Christian

Christian Gaser, Ph.D.
Department of Psychiatry
Friedrich-Schiller-University of Jena
Philosophenweg 3, D-07743 Jena, Germany
Tel: ++49-3641-935805 Fax:   ++49-3641-935280
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://dbm.neuro.uni-jena.de