Mike!

Sorry to disappoint but at the moment standard
graph theory has not yet got to the point of
defining 'local' status ( to use the
Harary/Buckley term for total depth ) so radius 3
has no 'standard term'. So the normalizations
(RA) don't have an equal either. There for
concepts like intelligibility also have no
matching 'standard term'.

I've been doing a literature search. While its
not impossible that the terms might have been
independently generated in graph theory, they do
not yet appear to have done so ( I could be
wrong). I'm sure its just a matter of time.

Its possible the social network people might have
had the concept of a restricted group ( not an
area I have searched ) so an alternative term
might have appeared there. They seem to have done
most of the core work in this kind of graph
theory.

One interesting observation which emerged from a
Phd meeting from Shinichi Iida  recently is the
apparent difference between the definition of the
concept of 'Betweenness' ( from Social network
people)  and 'Choice' ( the space syntax term) .
While most people have thought the concept is
identical it emerges there is a critical
mathematical difference which may in some graphs
give different results. As such the concept of
'choice' is different and needs a separate term
to define it.

Perhaps you or someone could suggest a journal
which might accept a paper which would introduce
and define the space syntax terms for the rest of
graph community.

sheep

ps for those who ave been interested in the dry
academic definitions of the terms. I've been
working on some alternatives to radius including
'vicinity' and 'decay'. They are mathematically
simpler than RA/Radius but work in similar ways.
If you are interested I would be happy to email
more information.