I’d be really interested in two things – a list of validation tests that have been carried out, and then the results of these. So far as I am aware Andrew’s TfL tests are the only through comparative and independent analyses of different technologies for automated pedestrian counting. By the way Andrew are the results in the public domain?

Alan Penn

Professor of Architectural and Urban Computing

The Bartlett School of Graduate Studies

University College London

Gower Street

London WC1E 6BT

+44 (0)20 7679 5919

www.vr.ucl.ac.uk

www.spacesyntax.org

Well, as we've not had it installed yet - its probably faster to contact the many Local Authorities & shopping centres that have installed the system, and ask for their validation results.

City/Town centres that have installed it include Cardiff, Liverpool, Norwich, Bridgend, Croydon, Birmingham and many others.

I'm not aware of any challenges being made to the accuracy of their methodology, but you'd better speak to them for more information.  I think there's another company as well, using a similar technique.

Dellé

Andrew Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: "[log in to unmask]" <SPACESYNTAX

25/10/2005 18:53
Please respond to "[log in to unmask]"