Dear List Members

Due to demand for late abstract submissions for the First International
Conference on e-Social Science, the deadline has now been extended to
midnight (GMT) Monday 7th February.

The conference will be held at Manchester Conference Centre, Manchester,
UK on the 22nd-24th June 2005 and topics of interest include –

Case studies of e-social science in practice
Studies of (e-)research and (e-)social science research practices
The benefits and challenges of large scale collaborative research
Enhancing existing social science research methods through e-social
science
Innovation in research methods through e-social science
Socio-technical issues in the development of e-social science research
methods
Ethical issues and challenges in the collection, integration, sharing and
analysis of
sociological data
New sources and forms of sociological data
Standards for metadata, ontologies, annotation, curation, etc
Middleware for data collection, sharing and integration
Tools for data mining, visualisation, analysis, modelling and
collaborative research
Understanding requirements for research tools and middleware

We would like to take this opportunity to encourage further abstract
submissions for full papers, short papers, workshops / tutorials and
posters.  We are especially keen for those starting out in e-social
science research to submit abstracts for posters and short papers.  Also
we would encourage post graduate researchers to submit their research in
the field of e-social science as a poster.  We require poster abstracts to
be 200 – 300 words and paper, workshop and tutorial abstracts to be 1000 –
1500 words.

If you have any further questions regarding the conference or the
submission procedure please visit our website
http://www.ncess.ac.uk/events/conference/ or contact me directly.

Best wishes
Gillian Sinclair

Dr Gillian Sinclair
Programme Manager
ESRC National Centre for e-Social Science (NCeSS)
University of Manchester
Dover Street Building
Dover Street
Manchester