Dear Colleagues

First International Conference on e-Social Science
22nd – 24th June 2005
Manchester Conference Centre, Manchester, UK

The registration deadline for the First International Conference on e-
Social Science is this Sunday the 12th of June.
The conference will consist of one day workshops and a two day paper
session which will include sessions and workshops on collaboration, the
usability of e-science, tools for e-social science and access grid
technology.
If you are unable to join us for the whole conference there is also a
choice of 6 one day and half day workshops on Wednesday 22nd.  Information
regarding the workshops can be found on our conference website.
Registration details and registration form can be found at
http://www.ncess.ac.uk/events/conference/

Collaboration, Co-Laboratories and e-Research: Understanding and
Supporting New Forms of Science and Social Science
21st June
FREE workshop

The day before the conference we are also hosting a one day free workshop
as part of our Agenda Setting Workshop series.  We are pleased to welcome
Prof. Gary and Judy Olson from the University of Michigan as our guest
speakers.

The workshop will look at the role of e-science in supporting new forms of
community and will also provide an opportunity to share experience from e-
science and e-social science pilot demonstrator projects. The event is
aimed at researchers working in e-science/social science, those interested
in Computer Supported Cooperative Work who might consider the potential of
the grid in this area, and those who are interested in collaborative
science or how to support it technically.

Further information on this free event is available from
http://www.ncess.ac.uk/events/agenda/collaboration

Best wishes
Gillian Sinclair

Dr Gillian Sinclair
Programme Manager
ESRC National Centre for e-Social Science (NCeSS)
University of Manchester
Dover Street Building
Dover Street
Manchester