A few weeks ago I sought advice from this newsgroup about seat belts in
coaches. As part of the same project I have been looking for any
standards or regulations that relate to the crashworthiness of metro
style bus seats (low back seats used for regular route service operations).

The 1994 Australian guidelines that I am reviewing contained
requirements for the padding of handrails on seat backs. However I have
not come across any similar requirements, or requirements for seat
strength and failure modes (ECE Reg80 only applies to high-back bus seats).

Comments would be appreciated

Michael Paine

--
==============email signature file for Michael Paine==================