From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Reynolds P.R.
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 2:11 PM
Subject: Llandudno Junction staffing levels

The following enquiry has been received here. Does anyone have an answer or suggestions for lines  that the researcher could follow up?

I am researching the history of Llandudno Junction, Conwy, for a university project.My question is:how many people were employed at Llandudno Junction station and loco/carriage sheds at their post-war peak (say, the 1950s)and pre-war (say, the 1920s)?

Sources tried so far:umpteen North Wales rail "history" books which all turn out to be more interested in engine data and pix than in staffing.

Paul Reynolds
Head of Bibliographic Services
Library & Information Services
University of Wales Swansea