From: All aspects of railways, past, present and future. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Juliet Jain
Sent: 01 March 2005 14:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: women only train carriages

I was recently informed by a lady in her 70s that there used to be 'women only' railway carriages in britain.  Can anyone confirm this, and point me to any references about this?

Please email to the address below.

Dr Juliet Jain
Research Associate
Centre for Transport and Society
Faculty of the Built Environment
University of the West of England
Frenchay Campus
Coldharbour Lane
BRISTOL   BS16 1QY

Tel: 0117 328 3304
Fax: 0117 328 3899
Email: [log in to unmask]

www.transport.uwe.ac.uk

This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus software has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software