  -----Original Message-----
  From: All aspects of railways, past, present and future.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Juliet Jain
  Sent: 01 March 2005 14:16
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: women only train carriages

  I was recently informed by a lady in her 70s that there used to be 'women
only' railway carriages in britain.  Can anyone confirm this, and point me
to any references about this?

  Please email to the address below.

  Dr Juliet Jain
  Research Associate
  Centre for Transport and Society
  Faculty of the Built Environment
  University of the West of England
  Frenchay Campus
  Coldharbour Lane
  BRISTOL   BS16 1QY

  Tel: 0117 328 3304
  Fax: 0117 328 3899
  Email: [log in to unmask]

  www.transport.uwe.ac.uk

  This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus
software has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software