The Oxford Companion to British Railway History (Simmons and Biddle) OUP
1997 page 566 has a useful summary of ladies only coaches.  I think some of
the last ones in mainline use ran in the non-corridor stock into Kings
Cross. When I last visited the South Devon Railway( two years ago) they
still had the signs on one of the compartments although they weren't
enforcing it!

Phil Ashworth