FW: 2004 'election'

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Mothersson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sun 5/22/2005 9:25 PM
To: Ginn J Dr (Sociology)
Subject: 2004 'election'

Was the Bush election fiddled?
My impression is that there will always be those trying to explain away the anomalies, but even so I am 90+ percent sure the election was stolen again.

all the best, Keith

http://www.nomandate.org/action/letter.php?id=19

(from my website)
Keep the Stubby Pencil on a String!
Our standard voting mechanism goes more or less like this: stubby pencils on strings in voting booths, the controlled issue of ballot papers which are placed in publicly sealed and opened ballot boxes, and then publicly counted. This Stubby Pencil on a String (etc) system is an excellent system for doing the most important job of all - resolving disagreements about who gets to take certain key decisions in a way which everybody can see isn't rigged. All attempts to 'modernise' this perfectly evolved societal technology result in our going backwards, not forwards!

Consider the many TV and radio shows where the audience votes by phoning in (at 25 pence a minute), texting or e-mail. Even if we assume the organisers are always honest, any serious computer professionals know that text and e-mail are inherently open to electronic hackers, either skilled amateurs or possibly extremely well-equipped and enabled professionals in the shape of secret agencies acting for the ruling party.

As for electronic voting machines there are major concerns about fraud in the many countries who are being pushed down that road by the IMF, such as India, Brazil, Argentina, Venezeula and many other countries where it is both sinister and obscene that expensive and hard-to-check technology is being invested in to do a worse job than cheap string, pencils, boxes and sealing wax.

As for the US elections of 1996 (e.g. Nebraska), 2000, 2002 (e.g. Georgia) and 2004 (e.g. Florida, Ohio, etc) -many readers will be programmed by our 'independent' media to shut down any doubts with the usual ridicule of 'conspiracy theorists'. However, if some readers wish to investigate for themselves with an alert, critical open mind, we suggest you may like to start with the websites listed below. (But first, back to the rest of this one, please?!)

  a.. http://www.blackboxvoting.org
  b.. http://www.chuckherrin.com/hackthevote.htm
  c.. http://bellaciao.org/en/mot.php3?id_mot=49

****************************************************** Please note that if you press the 'Reply' button your message will go only to the sender of this message. If you want to reply to the whole list, use your mailer's 'Reply-to-All' button to send your message automatically to [log in to unmask] *******************************************************